18 Nisan 2011 Pazartesi

Junie B. Jones

My daughter's school had "Dress up as Your Favorite Character From a Book" day and she chose Junie B. Jones. 
 I tried to talk her out of it because Junie has short hair and bangs - neither of which my princess has.
  She insisted that she wanted to be Junie B. Jones so we simply cut her hair.  :)  (Just Kidding!)
First I pulled a small section of hair from the front left part of her bang-line and let it sweep across her forehead and over to the right ear where I secured it with bobby pins.  This gave her the "bangs" look.
  Next I brushed out the rest of her hair so it was straight and placed an elastic around the bottom of it.  (Leaving about 2 inches of hair below the elastic.) 
 Then I grabbed a chiffon ribbon and fed it through the elastic so there was an even amount of ribbon on both sides of the band.  Now I simply pulled the ribbon up under her hair - to her neck - and wrapped it up on top of her head where I tied a bow. 
This was a very fast and easy way to make her look like she had short hair.  I made an "X" with bobby pins over the ribbon right behind each ear just to make sure it would hold all day long. 
 Junie B. Jones also has glasses in 2nd grade so my princess popped out some lenses from some old sunglasses and had glasses for her big day.  I had to take a couple good looks at her because she did look A LOT different.  :) 
This is her "Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus" impersonation!  :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder